37th Statistical Insights on the Arts report
This report analyzes provincial data regarding the number and percentage of Canadians 15 or older who, in 2010:
- Visited art galleries or other museums;
- Attended live performances;
- Visited historic sites and other heritage organizations;
- Read newspapers, magazines or books;
- Watched movies or videos; or
- Listened to recorded music.
Individuals are counted only once in each activity regardless of how many times they participated in the activity.
Overall, the report finds that:
- All residents in each province participated in at least one arts, culture or heritage activity in 2010.
- In all provinces, participation in many arts, culture and heritage activities has increased over the past 18 years.
Provincial summaries, a national summary and the full report are available below.