Advocacy Resource Kit
The Canada Council’s advocacy resource kit contains sections on key advocacy messages, advocacy tips and strategies, the achievements of artists and cultural organizations in a range of sectors, community and economic impacts of the arts, the contributions of Aboriginal and culturally diverse artists, and more. Within each of these areas, the kit contains a variety of statistics, resources and arguments to help arts advocates.
Other resources for arts advocacy include:
- Alliance for Arts and Culture (http://www.allianceforarts.com/advocacy/ad_resources.html);
- Culture Matters Coalition (http://www.culturematters.ca/kit.html);
- Saskatchewan Arts Alliance (http://www.artsalliance.sk.ca/advocacy);
- Toronto Arts Coalition (http://www.torontoartscoalition.org);
- Mouvement pour les arts et les lettres (http://www.mal.qc.ca); and
- Nova Scotia Cultural Network (http://www.culture.ns.ca).